Thursday, December 25, 2008

Down Memory Lane - Bon Voyage!

Well, as much as it is enjoyable to physically go places, revisiting memories is sometimes as pleasurable... I finally got to do something I was planning to do years ago - scan all pictures from the time I wasn't even born - what a ride!!!
It's incredible what one can learn by looking back at pictures of one self, there's two things I learnt today about me by looking at those pictures, since very early on I was always: 1) smiling & 2) on the move...
Take a look at this!!!
Me at the age of 4....

And me at the age of 12...
So I was wondering where did this come from, the smiling comes from my mom for sure, but the travelling??? and how much of it comes from ancestry, how much was I affected with genes, how much will my daughter have it as well?
Influences other than plain Portuguese blood, well, my favourite uncle did a Magellan - he sailed around the world in the Sagres ship and used to tell me his tales, which I would listen to in absolute amazement. And just before I was born my father lived several years in Macao, (I was actually supposed to be born in Macao, learning Mandarin would have done wonders!!!) got also some pics of my father in Macao, hehehe....
Him here with the army attire....
With his band, he's the one in the shades...

As for my daughter and influences, I guess she has the travel bug already, likes the airplane, loves to see new people and places and even gets into her own world when we travel... Look at her in this pic, in Rajput traditional dress:

No comments:

Post a Comment