Saturday, December 27, 2008

European Capitals & Capitals of Europe

I must admit that when I was living in Europe most European Capitals wouldn't attract me at all, but after living over 7 years in an Arab country, returning to Europe is for me a rebirth, it's refreshing and truly surprising, makes me proud of being called European!
Two cities that I wouldn't consider visiting for pleasure in earlier years would be Amsterdam and Brussels, now two cities I truly admire, love to return to and keep surprising me every time...
They are never too cold to enjoy the outdoors, never too extravagant, never the same... They are the center of tolerance, wisdom, culture, allowance, creativity, innovation, humanly pulsing in all ways...
I love how manifesters gather every single day around the E.U. buildings to voice their personal struggle, a special manifestation worth mentioning was when the Green Peace tried to influence the E.U. to stop permitting fishing in certain zones and allow proper fish development, it seems that in 20 minutes they were able to close the main gate with huge building blocks not allowing security to stop it from happening, it's still a practical joke that runs the corridors that they'll call them back when a house needs to be built...
I think it's priceless to be able to freely assist to a gay parade just for the fun of it, or go to a prostitution zone without being afraid of being mugged, go to a coffee shop and have a little bit more than coffee...
And no matter where you're from, how long you'll stay or where you're going to, you will fit in easily and most importantly you'll get the feeling that you're received by chronic happy people!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment