Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Ranakpur, Rajasthan


Having travelled to the golden Triangle recently, I fell automatically in love with Rajasthan. As soon as you cross the state border (which I don't really know where it is apart from how it feels so different once you are in this state), everything is just different, you can sense in the air the glory and outstanding culture of the Maharajah's... The streets look more defined, the fields more golden with the sun, the saris much brighter and strongly coloured, it's amazing how they can keep them so bright and clean provided mostly works in the farm...

Absolutely enchanting!!!

As soon as I came back to my daily life, I started researching and planning my next trip to India - the whole of Rajasthan!!!

It is a big state, the whole of India is huge, so I've been visiting piece by piece and still feel there's so much to see, but I'll get there! My residence in the Arabian Peninsula helps in the logistics of my ambition anyways...

So, after a lot of revising and reading articles, I finally reached a sustainable plan that will probably show me the whole of Rajasthan in no more than 12 days and cover between 2000 to 2500 km... The driver and car costs for this trip should be between 30,000 to 35,000 Indian Rupees, might be wrong, hope I am wrong by excess... Anyways, it's well worth it. The agency provides with a driver and an A/C comfy vehicle, usually a 6 seater, all-inclusive, so the more people to share the costs the merrier!!!

After just having yesterday another review of my plan, I went to the gym and to my surprise, Travel channel was having a report about India, extremely helpfull!!!

One more spot to visit is Ranakpur, a Jain Temple between Jodhpur and Udaipur, a must see... I'm posting a picture of it from Wikipedia...

Another mentioning was a sort of a retreat in Puna, I still haven't researched about it but will and keep you posted...

1 comment:

  1. Hiya there!!!
    stumbled upon ur blog... wow.. i guess there is a lot i dont know..
    glad you had such a enriching trip in India... Sad that we never spoke...

    ReplyDelete